The unit of competency SITHGAM006A Provide Responsible Gambling Services is a nationally accredited unit of competency and is part of the Tourism, Hospitality and Events Package SIT07 under the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
Please allow approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete this course and the related assessments. The duration will be dependent on your existing industry knowledge.
The unit of competency will teach you to:
- The difference between Gaming, Gambling and Wagering.
- The laws that govern Gaming.
- What is responsible Gambling.
- Why the environment is so important.
This Provide Responsible Gambling Services training program was developed under the direction of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation and meets the Division’s requirements in relation to training in the provision of Responsible Gambling Services while still meeting the requirements for national accreditation.
Knowledge and skills from this course:
- Your ability to apply the requirements of Responsible Gambling Services legislation to your work situations.
- Your understanding of the consequences of non compliance in relation to the legislation on the business and individual staff members.
- Your ability to apply the knowledge of Responsible Gambling Services to gambling situations.
The information provided in the course will help you understand the role of your employers in complying with the legislation and your role and responsibilities.
Please note that this course is applicable to participants in all states with the following exceptions. New South Wales and Tasmania have specific training requirements; people from these states need to undertake the training approved by the relevant regulatory body in those States.